The Assault Shield is a shield weapon which causes the player to dash forward when they attempt to parry. By using this move, the player can cancel any enemy attack as well as reflect any bombs lying on the floor. In addition, it can be used on top of platforms to make enemies fall to their death.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Base Absorbed Damage: 75%
- Special Effects:
- The player can hold up the shield without activating its dash ability.
- On release of the shield's assigned button, the player will charge forwards, as if they are parrying an attack. This will block enemy attacks.
- Knocks back enemies on contact and dealing block damage. Dashing puts the shield on cooldown for 0.4 seconds.
- Breach Bonus: -1
- Base Breach Damage: 0 (0)
- Base Breach DPS: 0 (0)
- Tags: Shield
- Legendary Version: Red Onslaught
- Forced Affix: Bleed on Hit
- "Bleeds the victim."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Assault Shield is the only shield which has a breach bonus other than 0, namely a breach bonus of -1. As a result, this shield is unable to stun enemies by damage alone.
- The dash can be used to scoop up and reflect explosives on the ground, such as those spawned by the Disgusting Worm
- Hitting the back of a Thorny with the dash will result in a parry as the attack triggers upon melee attacks, which is what the shield's dash ability does.
- The dash performed with this shield can be used while in the air and does not use up a jump, allowing the player to move significantly further in the air than without it.
- Rolling immediately after engaging in the blocking stance grants a boost in momentum, allowing for faster run speeds.
- When performing this, the player gains i-frames from the roll, while still putting out a hurtbox with the shield bash.
- The dash can be used to push enemies around, allowing for environmental kills, primarily by pushing enemies off of ledges or into spikes.
- Notably, this can also be used to push enemies into more advantageous locations for the player: For example, if the player is using the Impaler, the Assault Shield can be used to guarantee the enemy is against a wall for criticals.
- The displacement of enemies with the dash is less effective against Elite Enemies and Bosses.