The Dilapidated Arboretum is a second level biome that is exclusive to the Bad Seed DLC.Dappled light, soothing fountains and a fresh air brought the royals, aristocratic and various hangers-on to the gardens and serres of the arboretum to escape the hustle and bustle of the castle to have some moments of peace and relaxation. However, the fragrance of their perfumes had, unbeknownst to them, disturbed the local flora and fauna. Now the arboretum, a shadow of its former glory, attracted a different kind of visitor, who enjoyed the earthy smells of compost, spores and decay very, very much.
- 1 General information
- 2 Exclusive blueprints
- 3 Enemies
- 4 Lore
- 5 Notes
- 6 History
Access and exit
The Dilapidated Arboretum contains 3 scrolls, including 1 Power Scrolls, and 2 Dual-Stat Scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the use of runes to access. On (1+ BSC) there is a bonus Power scroll. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 1 guaranteed Scroll Fragment, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
|Enemy lvl tier||3 - 6||4 - 10||5 - 10||7 - 11||8 - 12|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||5 - 8||9 - 13||11 - 14||12 - 16|
Boss Stem Cells rewards
Chests and loot
- A Cursed Chest has a 10% chance to replace a chest in the level.
- 1 chained item in stage
- 1 random item requiring a Teleportation Rune
- 1 random item requiring a Spider Rune
- 1 random item requiring a Vine Rune
- 2 shops (1 weapons 1 skill). One is found in each of the two buildings.
- An additional shop is found behind the 1 BSC door.
The following blueprints can only be found in the Arboretum as one is found in a lore room and four are looted from enemies that are exclusive to this area.
The Gardener's Outfit can be found in the fancy lounge lore room while examining the chaise longue.
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Dilapidated Arboretum on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1 BSC)|
|Yeeter||Flashing Fans, Mushroom King Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Jerkshroom||Mushroom Boi!, Mushroom Boi's Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Thorny||Spiked Boots, Barnacle, Armadillopack|
|Bat||Knife Dance, Oiled Sword|
|Oven Knight||Kill Rhythm, Oven Axe|
|Buzzcutter||Spite Sword, Frostbite|
Botanical beaker room
The room depicted in the following picture contains three items that can be examined:
When examined, the Beheaded reads the following text written by an unknown person, presumably some sort of guard:
- "Apparently seeing the dead rise wasn't enough.
- "Today it's the plants that are up and raising hell."
- "The King's new best friend has ordered one of them captured... Alive..."
- "...I'd like to see that!"
When examined, the Beheaded says this in regard to the display before it:
- "How did they get the skeleton in the bottle?"
When examined, the Beheaded observes that:
- "“Man vs Wild” and other botanical treatises are spread out on the ground."
- "I wonder what's in this flask..."
Giant tree room
Upon examination, the Beheaded says the following:
- "It seems like these infected ones were trapped in the trunk..."
- "Makes you wonder who was the sick one in this story..."
Upon examination the Beheaded makes the following observations:
- "The skull of a giant crow mixed in with various bits of mushed and mashed organs, entrails and local roots..."
- "...connected to the bark of an old red giant tree."
- "The perfect evil wizard starter kit..."
Luxurious chaise longue
Upon examination the Beheaded exclaims the following:
- "Varnished wood... satin pillows..."
- "A bunch of leather bound books..."
- "I wonder which noble had their personal garden here."
Upon examination the Beheaded exclaims the following:
- "Gloves, a pitchfork... Maybe a courtier tried their hand at gardening?"
- "No, you wouldn't find one that would sit on such a shabby piece of furniture."
- "Or wear this outfit."
- "It seems the gardener had his entrances into the palace too."
Once the Beheaded says, "Or wear this outfit." the Gardener's Outfit blueprint will drop.
A room filled with the bodies of Yeeters and a human corpse.
- "By the King's command, you are to burn the entire Arboretum down until nothing is left but cinders."
- "And ignore the gardener's protestations... he is no longer under the Crown's protection."
A research room with a desk, cabinet and plants. A letter and order from the king can be found.
- "I'm alive again... but I can feel the madness lurking in the shadows. And I don't think these medicanl plants will help me for long."
- "Yet another order to burn down the Arboretum"
- It appears that there was some form of experimentation going on within the arboretum that involved using people and animals as a base for the growth of some of the various plants and fungi found within the large glass canisters. Various skeletons can be seen within the soil of certain plants. In the case of the large tree, whole organs and people were attached to it for some sick, unknown purpose.
- 1.7: Introduced.
|Prisoners' Quarters • Promenade of the Condemned • Toxic Sewers • Dilapidated ArboretumTBS • Prison Depths • Corrupted Prison • Ramparts • Ossuary • Ancient Sewers • Morass of the BanishedTBS • Black Bridge • Insufferable Crypt • The NestTBS • Stilt Village • Slumbering Sanctuary • Graveyard • Fractured ShrinesFF • Clock Tower • Forgotten Sepulcher • CavernRotG • Undying ShoresFF • Clock Room • Guardian's HavenRotG • The MausoleumFF • High Peak Castle • Derelict Distillery • Throne Room|
|Spoiler: True Ending (5 BSC) AstrolabRotG • ObservatoryRotG|