Failed Experiments enemies in Dead Cells.
The Failed Experiment will use its melee combo if it is close to the player, or simply leap when the target is too far.
It will also dodge behind the player if they try to damage/parry it and then resume its attacks. However, this ability has a cool down of 15 seconds.
Elite Failed Experiments have no attack pattern changes, but their leap is a lot faster, and they are harder to stun, as with any other elite.
- Both of its attacks can be dodged by rolling as well as parrying. This also goes for the head slam at the end of its regular combo which can be parried. However, it can dodge parries if it is the first “attack” directed at it, so it may be better to hit it with something else first so that you can parry it without interruption.
- With heavy weapons and other typically slow weapons, their dodge can be baited out while the player is still charging the attack, allowing for the weapon to be flipped around and successfully hit the Failed Experiment.
- Failed Experiments were added with the v1.2 update, aka Rise of the Giant DLC in March 2019.
- The Failed Experiment enemy is a likely product of The Alchemist's experiments, hence the name.
- These enemies can be considered as a replacement to the Zombie on higher difficulties.
- Their design, mainly their drill hand, may be inspired by the Bouncer Big Daddies from Bioshock, which have a similar armament.