The Fractured Shrines is a fourth level biome exclusive to the Fatal Falls DLC. The Fractured Shrines are home to pagan heretics that practiced a foreign religion. They were banished to the floating islands for their beliefs, a decision supported by all in the kingdom. On these floating islands they built their temples, hence the area's name. The existence of these temples is barely tolerated by the king.
The islands and temples are riddled with traps. In the background there are giant statues of swords with snakes coiled around them, which indicates that their religion may have revered snakes, which is also supported by the appearances of some of the enemies unique to the biome.
Access and exit
The Fractured Shrines can be entered from the Black Bridge and the Nest.TBS It lead to the Clock Tower, Forgotten Sepulcher and the Undying Shores, which needs to be unlocked by wearing the . After the entrance is unlocked the first time it will stay unlocked.
Guarded treasure room
In the temples there are giant doors guarded by Stone Wardens. When the Stone warden is defeated the door opens. Behind these doors there can be a 3 choice chained legendary item altar, a treasure chest, a lore room or the vault that imprisons .
The Fractured Shrines contains 4 scrolls: 2 Scrolls of Power (with a third located in a guaranteed cursed chest) and 1 Dual Scroll. On (3+ BSC) there is a bonus Scroll of Power. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 1 guaranteed Scroll Fragment, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Fractures Shrines based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||12 - 16||14 - 19||15 - 20||18 - 23||20 - 25|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||14 - 17||18 - 22||22 - 26||24 - 28|
Loot and shops
- 2 guaranteed Weapon/Skill shop in one of the coin-labeled door.
- 1 guaranteed Food shop in one of the coin-labeled door.
- A guaranteed treasure chest behind a chest-labeled door.
- A guaranteed cursed chest behind a chest-labeled door.
- A Chained Legendary Items altar found behind a Stone Warden.
- 1 Treasure chest found behind a Stone Warden.
Boss Stem Cells rewards
- There is an island that can be reached by platforming over invisible platforms. The rain splashes reveal their location. After that there is a small gauntlet of traps. This leads to a building that can only be accessed from one side, although alternatively one can enter from the very top where there are 3 breakable floors stacked on top of each other if the player has acquired the Stone Warden guarding a door which leads to a unique treasure room with a vault inside. By opening the vault, the player can free , which will force itself into one of their skill slots, causing the previous item to be dropped on the ground. The blueprint itself instantly goes into your inventory and still needs to be delivered to the Collector. . In the building there is a
- The blueprint can be obtained from the cultist corpses littering the large structures.
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Fractured Shrines depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Stone Warden||Iron Staff, Rocky Outfit|
|Cold Blooded Guardian||Snake Fangs, Lizard Outfit|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, No Mercy, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Mage Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Bomber||Seismic Strike, A Thousand and One Nights Outfit|
|Grenadier||Fire Grenade, Magnetic Grenade|
|Bombardier||Wave of Denial, Powerful Grenade, Aphrodite Outfit|
|Undead Archer||Bow and Endless Quiver, Infantry Bow, Ice Bow, Skeleton Outfit|
|Catcher||Grappling Hook, Knockback Shield, Robin Hood Outfit|
|Shocker||Flamethrower Turret, Cloud Outfit (3+ BSC)|
In one of the treasure rooms that is guarded by a Stone Warden a journal can be found.
- "They didn't lie when they said the Queen's temples were full of treasures waiting to be taken..."
- "Though they could have mentioned the wardens."
Letter and bloody plant
In one of the treasure rooms that is guarded by a Stone Warden a secret room can be found with a bloody plant and a letter.
- "I was hoping her people could help me, but they don't recognize me anymore."
- "The apostates' hideout isn't far, but I don't know what kind of welcome they reserve for strangers in need of help these days."
- 2.2: Introduced.
- Fall damage capped to 15% of max life.
- Added an extra power scroll to 3+ BSC.
- Changed one Dual Scroll to a Scroll of Power.
- 2.4: Added new rooms to increase level design variety.