The Graveyard is a fourth level biome. This vast cemetery has been in use for generations, ever since the first man made his home here. Thousands of gravestones mark where the bones and ashes of the dead sleep, rising up into the air of the valley.
However, this valley is now full, as the Malaise has provided many dead bodies to fill the space. No other pile of bones can fit here any longer. Now, the living dead occupy this space, stepping on the little ground that has no gravestone marking it.
Access and exit
There are three exits out of the Graveyard. The first exit leads to the Forgotten Sepulcher and is available on the player's first visit, the second exit leads to the Undying ShoresFF which can only be accessed once the player has gone there from the Fractured ShrinesFF at least once. Another exit becomes available after beating the Hand of the King for the first time, which leads to the Cavern.RotG To access this biome, the player needs to pick up the RotG inside the big hole made by the Giant as he escaped from the Prisoners' Quarters. Then, he must bring the key all the way to the Graveyard and use it to unlock a portal granting access to the Cavern. Once unlocked, this second exit is accessible permanently.
To reach the exit from the Graveyard, the player must find the, which opens the door to the underground section of the biome.
The Graveyard contains 4 scrolls: 2 Scrolls of Power (with a third located in a guaranteed cursed chest) and 1 Dual Scroll. On (3+ BSC) there is a bonus Scroll of Power. When 3 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 Boss Stem Cells are active, this biome has 3 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Graveyard based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||14 - 19||16 - 21||17 - 22||19 - 24||22 - 27|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||16 - 19||22 - 26||26 - 30||28 - 32|
Loot and shops
Boss Stem Cells rewards
The blueprints for theand can both be found at the far right end of the surface level. To access the blueprint for Merchandise Categories, the player needs to find the , which is hidden in a wall rune or a ground rune within the underground section of the Graveyard.
The switch that opens the door that leads to Parting Gift is found just above the blueprint for Merchandise Categories in a hidden ceiling. The door and the blueprint itself are just outside the Architect's Key door, in another hidden ceiling. The secondcan also be found here in a secret room, which is needed to access the 3+ BSC and requires a to reach. It can be found hidden behind some wall foliage.
- The blueprint for the Swarm Zombies. , , , and the mutation can be looted from
- The blueprint for the Catchers. , and can be looted from
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Graveyard depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Bat||Knife Dance, Oiled Sword|
|Kamikaze||Frantic Sword, Kamikaze Outfit, Neon Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Swarm Zombie||Shovel, Corrosive Cloud, Networking, Tombstone|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Mage Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Masker||Fire blast, Ghost Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Catcher||Grappling Hook, Knockback Shield, Robin Hood Outfit (4+ BSC)|
|Lacerator||Crusher, Open Wounds, Carduus Outfit|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC), No Mercy|
|Cannibal||Hokuto's Bow, Dictator Outfit|
A Grimoire can be found on the surface of the Graveyard, within a structure which seems to have been used by the Alchemist in his research.
- "The bodies are useless, their skins are no longer usable for my research."
- "I'll have to resort to taking tooth samples. I hope that will help me to understand the origin of the Malaise."
In a rack close-by, the Beheaded finds a variety of potions and a list of medicinal treatments, probably intended as treatment for the Malaise:
- "Bleudigris for infusion"
- "Essence of bupleurum"
- "Cream of valley oak"
- "Syrup of large worms"
A pile of burned bodies has been left below the research desk that the Alchemist had used for their skins. However, he notes that these samples have become useless and took to tooth samples for his experiments to understand the origin of the Malaise. The Beheaded notes how the bodies being stored in a badly ventilated building is unhygienic:
- "Another pile of burned bodies."
- "And storing them in a badly ventilated building... Seems a bit unhygienic!"
A number of tombstones scattered around the Graveyard bear inscriptions, showing the tragedy of death that happened on the island.
A tombstone left by a woman for her husband has been re-used for her daughter, her son and even her cat, retracing the death of all her family due to the Malaise:
- "To my late husband"
- "There's another more recent inscription under it:"
- "To my daughter"
- "To my son"
- "To my cat"
Another two tombstones can be found, one containing the engraving, "Tomb of the Zéro-Hordiens" and a list of names, unreadable:
- "Tomb of the Zéro-Hordiens"
- "There's a whole list of names engraved on it."
- "Can't make it out, it’s too old."
The other one contains a plate on the ground:
- "There's a little plate on the ground."
Another man left a bouquet of flowers on his wife's grave:
- "A bouquet of faded flowers placed on the grave."
And a letter showing his desperation and implying he committed suicide to "join her":
- "I don't care if darkness covers our island. I only care about one thing now."
- "...I want the Malaise to take me to you."
- "... Charming!"
A blocked passageway full of crystals in the underground section of the Graveyard indicates that there used to be other connections to the Cavern, seemingly dug by the miners but that later collapsed or were intentionally condemned:
- "Icy cold air is coming up from this hole overlooking an abyss..."
- "Some strange rumblings, too..."
A order from the king to his soldier's can be found:
- "Hmm, another order to the officers..."
- "The graveyard is full. Transfer the bodies directly to the ossuary and set fire to them immediately!"
- "Sounds like they were making it up as they went along."
Graves of the architects
Rarely, a room filled containing the tomb-walls of the architects can be found. Before the Beheaded enters the room, grave like sign can be found:
- "Here lie the Architects."
After that, the Beheaded can interact with the various tombs.
Alcove of Mathieu I
- "Mathieu I, Scribe"
- "There are bones in the alcove over the inscription."
- "At least two different people."
- "But both incomplete."
- "Gwenaël, Master Architect"
- "A crossed brush and trowel are drawn on the urn."
- "With some very elaborate bas-reliefs all around."
Alcove of Mathieu II
- "Mathieu II, Scribe"
- "The bones in this alcove belong to two different people."
- "The guy burying them must have got them all mixed up."
- "Second Architect Noémie"
- "The wolf ornamenting this stele shows that it was a formidable combatant..."
- "... with a weak spot for bananas."
- "Pascal, Lead Foreman"
- "The alcove is cluttered up with piles of paper."
- "Payment orders bearing the royal seal."
- "Steve, Lead Merchant"
- "Unlike the other urns, this one is made of platinum."
- "The cover bears a coat of arms:"
- "A closed fist with the middle finger up."
- "The piles of gold coins are a good indication of his contribution."
- "Thomas, Master Sculptor"
- "The alcove is full of little statuettes representing all kinds of creatures on the island."
- "There's also a brush drawn on the urn in the middle."
- "Joan, Wandering Merchant"
- "The name "Joan" seems to cover an older name."
- ""Gui"... "Guil" something. It's been erased."
- "There are gold coins scattered all over the ground."
- "Ben, Master Copyist"
- "A slab covered with short messages, none longer than 140 characters..."
- "... and a little blue bird engraved on the urn."
- "Probably a spy."
- "Yoann, Master Bard"
- "The alcove is cluttered up with miniature instruments."
- "Sébastien, Scribe"
- "More or less elaborate little toys arranged around the urn in the alcove."
- "Most of them bearing the inscription "Ludum"."
- "Christophe, Cryptographer"
- "An indecipherable message inscribed at the foot of the urn."
- "But the strangest thing of all is this little goat figurine right next to it."
- "To our architects lost in the great Krunch"
- Before the v1.1 the 19:30 timed door used to reward the players with 2 Scrolls of Power, making it a very lucrative level in terms of loot.
- Before the v1.2 the Repository of the Architects was an inaccessible biome in the Graveyard. The entrance was behind a 5 BSC door at the Graveyard.
Portal leading to the Cavern with the Cavern Key incrusted and the door open.
- 0.0: Introduced.
- 1.1: Removed Scrolls of Power from the timed door.