The Heavy Crossbow is a crossbow-type ranged weapon which fires several shots at once in a shotgun type pattern. It takes up 2 equipment slots, with a secondary ability that replenishes its entire ammo supply and makes the next shot deal critical damage.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Ammo: 15
- Special Effects:
- Each volley consists of a burst of 5 shots in a spread pattern, but if fewer than 5 shots remain in the quiver, all remaining shots are fired instead. Thus, bolt damage is 20% of volley damage.
- Before firing, the crossbow shoots out a hook that pulls an enemy towards you, rooting them for a short time in the process.
- If the enemy was attacking upon being grappled, their attack will be interrupted until the crossbow fires the volley.
- The Reload ability refills the entire supply of ammunition, regardless of how much ammo was left previously, and also makes the next shot from the main attack deal critical damage. The critical damage dealt is simply double of what the normal damage is.
Heavy Crossbow[edit | edit source]
- Breach Bonus: 0.5
- Base Breach Damage: 450 (900)
- Base Breach DPS: 421 (841)
- Attack Duration: 1.07 seconds
- Charge: 0.57
- Lock: 0.5
- Cooldown: 0.5
- Tags: HasBullets, Ranged, IsCrossbow, LimitedAmmo, UnlockInPublicEvent, HeavyWeapon, DualWeaponBase
- Legendary Version: No Mercy
- Forced Affix: Pierce
- "Shots pierce the first target."
Reload[edit | edit source]
- Attack Duration: 1.5 seconds
- Charge: 0.5
- Lock: 0.2
- Cooldown: 1
- Tags: DualWeaponOffhand, NoDamage
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a short "soft interrupt" effect to the Hook skill (temporarily suspends enemy attack charging). This should prevent immediate enemy attacks after hooking.
- Due to the nature of the way this weapon deals critical damage, it is impossible to reach the critical DPS displayed for this weapon, as you cannot consecutively fire multiple critical shots without first reloading the weapon between each shot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to v1.9, the Heavy Crossbow was a one-handed weapon that had no way to deal critical damage.