Midas' Blood is a colorless mutation which causes the player to gain gold upon losing health.
- Scroll Cap: None
- Special Effects:
- When the player gets damaged by any source they receive 3 gold for each hit point lost.
- Scaling: Does not scale.
- Changes the color of the blood dripping off the Beheaded at low health from red to gold.
- Links health and gold as resources, allowing lost health to effectively be saved as gold for later use, regardless of whether the damage was taken accidentally or was self-inflected.
- It is possible to generate more than 100,000 gold from damage alone in a single run, especially on low difficulties, where Health Fountains are abundant.
- Damage taken while Gold Plating is also active is not converted to gold; however, with insufficient gold to totally negate incoming damage, any remaining damage will be converted to gold.
- There is a point of convergence at 33+ of any Stat, where Gold Plating negates 1 point of damage for 3 gold and Midas' Blood generates 3 gold per 1 point of damage.
- Bonus health from Tonic and the health loss from Vampirism are not converted to gold.
- It is possible to gain significantly more gold from healing damage with unneeded food than from recycling it.
- Midas Blood can be swapped in temporarily any time the player needs gold, since the earned gold can be used to pay to reset the mutations.
|removed • • • • • • removed • • •
• • • • |
|removed • • • • •
• • • • • • • |
| • • • • • • • • • • • •
| • • • • • • • • • • • • • •