The Ossuary is a third level biome.Prior to the Malaise infection, Ossuary was just a normal wing of the prison. However, after an event known as "Night of the Bloody Riots" in which many are killed, the section was dedicated to function as a refuse dump for all the corpses and set ablaze.
Access and exit
A Slasher elite can be found here who drops the Ram rune. It disappears after being defeated once.
The Ossuary contains 4 scrolls, including 2 Power Scrolls and 2 Dual-stat scrolls, which cannot spawn in areas requiring the Teleport, Ram or Spider runes. On (2+ BSC) there is a bonus Power scroll. When 3 BSC are active, this biome has 2 guaranteed Scroll Fragments, and when 4/5 BSC are active, this biome has 3 guaranteed Scroll Fragments.
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
In the table below, you will find the gear level and enemy tier of the Ossuary based on difficulty.
|Enemy lvl tier||7 - 13||11 - 17||12 - 17||14 - 19||16 - 21|
|Enemy Health tier||Base||11 - 14||15 - 19||17 - 21||18 - 23|
Boss Stem Cells rewards
Chests and loot
- 1 guaranteed cursed chest spawn in the level.
- Another cursed chest can spawn in the level (10% chance).
- 1 item behind Spider Rune
- 1 item behind Homunculus Rune
- 1 elite room
- Chance for item to spawn behind a golden doors
- There is a food shop behind the 1 BSC door.
- Weapon shop.
The blueprint for the Marksman's Bow is found behind the 8 minute timed door located in the Collector transition area before the Ossuary (only found when entering from the Promenade). The blueprint for the mutation Extended Healing can be found in a secret area within the level.
The blueprint for the melee weapon Torch is looted from Spawners, which are found almost exclusively in this biome. The Ossuary is also the only place where one can get the Cloud Outfit, which drops from Shockers with 3+ BSC active.
Shockers, Thornies and Spawners are iconic enemies of this level, along with Slashers and Lacerators. On higher difficulties, the Zombies are replaced by Dark Trackers, Bombers and Failed Experiments.
In the table below, you will find which enemies are present in the Ossuary depending on difficulty level. For each enemy, any common, uncommon, rare or legendary blueprints they carry are indicated. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified in brackets.
|Zombie||Blood Sword, Double Crossb-o-matic, Bobby Outfit (1+ BSC)|
|Grenadier||Fire Grenade, Magnetic Grenade|
|Shocker||Flamethrower Turret, Cloud Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Thorny||Spiked Boots, Barnacle, Armadillopack|
|Slasher||Cluster Grenade, Heavy Turret, No Mercy, Demon Outfit (3+ BSC)|
|Inquisitor||Lightning Bolt, Vampirism, Mage Outfit (2+ BSC)|
|Bomber||Seismic Strike, A Thousand and One Nights Outfit (3 BSC)|
|Dark Tracker||Repeater Crossbow, Hayabusa Boots, Ninja Outfit|
|Bombardier||Wave of Denial, Powerful Grenade, Aphrodite Outfit|
In the Ossuary, The Beheaded finds a pile of corpses that are melted from being burned:
- "Hard to say whether these bodies were infected."
- "But one thing is for sure, their skin melted like old cheese in the sun."
The Alchemist was applying the substance found in the walls of the Slumbering Sanctuary on bones from corpses, likely executed prisoners.The substance's effects were unpredictable and the Alchemist reflects whether his experiments are worth killing so many people:
- "All these bodies... All these lives."
- "At the end of the day, perhaps the King is right?"
A note from a soldier to his colleagues informs how burning the dead infected isn't working, as they're pilling up endlessly and getting back up, also managing to wield weapons:
- "A message left in the storeroom."
- "What? Soldiers leaving little notes for each other?"
- "The bodies are piling up endlessly. Burning them is no longer good enough! ..."
- "... Some get back up, and others even manage to get their hands on weapons!"
- "We have to leave this island while we still can!"
A bag containing another note from a soldier can be found, he writes how the king's methods aren't getting them anywhere, and he's spoken to the Alchemist. The letter abruptly cuts off:
- "A bag containing various items of no interest..."
- "Hm, there's a letter folded up at the bottom."
- "I realize the risk I'm taking by writing this letter."
- "The King's methods are getting us nowhere and the situation is deteriorating."
- "We have to switch a more peaceful method immediately! I've spoken with the alchem..."
- "The letter ends abruptly."
To the right or left of the bag is a secret passage that leads to a hidden alchemy station:
- "Hmm, this guard thought it was a good idea to install a secret desk."
- "If the guards started conducting strange experiments too, it's no wonder they ended up with monsters everywhere!"
- Ossuary - Alchemist experiments GIF Gfycat, 2018-08-19
|Prisoners' Quarters • Promenade of the Condemned • Toxic Sewers • Dilapidated ArboretumTBS • Prison Depths • Corrupted Prison • Ramparts • Ossuary • Ancient Sewers • Morass of the BanishedTBS • Black Bridge • Insufferable Crypt • The NestTBS • Stilt Village • Slumbering Sanctuary • Graveyard • Fractured ShrinesFF • Clock Tower • Forgotten Sepulcher • CavernRotG • Undying ShoresFF • Clock Room • Guardian's HavenRotG • The MausoleumFF • High Peak Castle • Derelict Distillery • Throne Room|
|Spoiler: True Ending (5 BSC) AstrolabRotG • ObservatoryRotG|