Royal Guards are enemies found in High Peak Castle. They are very dangerous guards of the King, infected by the Malaise. They wear a huge, heavy gauntlet on one of their hands, which they violently slam onto the ground.
- Depending on proximity to the player, Royal Guards will perform one of two attacks:
- When at longer range, the Royal Guard will project a shield and charge at the player dealing contact damage and pushing them until the end of the attack (much like The Hand of the King does)
- When at closer range, the Royal Guard will jump at the Beheaded and punch the ground, creating a shockwave, again, similarly to The Hand of the King. This will damage the Beheaded if they are touching the ground.
- The shielded charge attack can be rolled through. It can also be parried but beware that, like the Hand of the King, this only stops the move from dealing damage and does not interrupt it, allowing the Royal Guard to keep shoving. Thus, parrying and then rolling anyway is advised. Also, as the name suggests, the shield protects it from damage so attacking head on when the shield is active is not advised.
- The ground slam attack must be jumped over or avoided entirely, as it cannot be parried or dodged by rolling.
- It is advised to kill it before it can do anything due to the danger of engaging it in close combat.
- Its jumps can reach the player through walls.
- Royal Guards were added with the v1.4 update, aka Who's the Boss Update in August 2019 as an enemy deriving from The Hand of the King.
- Their internal name is Kingsfinger, because they are the minions of the Hand of the King.