|This article is a stub. You can help Dead Cells Wiki by .|
The Bank is a special biome which is based on and houses several unique interactions with Gold. It is distinct from other biomes in that its entrance can generate at almost any random Passage once per run, and its item levels, enemy composition and stats, as well as scroll counts, are based on other biomes that were accessed from the passage in which its entrance generated.
Access and exit
The Bank is accessed via a chest that is guaranteed to appear in a Passage (specifically any that do not lead to a boss) during a run. To enter the Bank, the chest must be entered the first time it is encountered in a Passage. If skipped, it will not appear again for the remainder of that run. This chest can only appear after entering the Throne Room or The CrownTQatS at least once.
If the player chooses to enter the Bank, it will replace the biomes from that stage, it does not act as an extra biome.
When exiting the bank the transition stage will have all exits that are available in the biomes that were replaced and the player has visited before.
The Bank has 4 floors, 3 of which requiring a different colored pass to access. The first pass, the Bank Teller, and the subsequent passes are accessed within each floor, except for the bottom floor., is given to the player at the start of the Bank by the
- The grants access to the .
- The grants access to the and the biome exit.
- The grants access to the jumping puzzle containing the blueprint.
The bottom floor is guarded by a normal gold door, requiring to pay a sum depending on the amount of gold the players holds starting at 2000 or simply breaking it for 15 curse points to access. The bottom floor always contains a Food Shop.
The amount of scrolls is dependent on which stage the player enter the bank. The Bank will contain one less scroll than the "best" biome that's being replaced, i.e. the one with the most scrolls. It will also contain a guaranteed cursed chest. For example, if the "best" replaced biome has 4 scrolls, the Bank will have 3 scrolls and a cursed chest.
- Stage 2 biomes (Promenade of the Condemned, Toxic Sewers, and Dilapidated ArboretumTBS)
- Stage 3 biomes (Ossuary, Ramparts, Ancient Sewers, and Morass of the BanishedTBS)
- Stage 4 biomes (Stilt Village, Slumbering Sanctuary, Graveyard, and Fractured ShrinesFF)
- Stage 5 biomes (Clock Tower, Forgotten Sepulcher, Cavern,RotG and Undying ShoresFF)
- Stage 6 biomes (High Peak Castle, Derelict Distillery, and Infested ShipwreckTQatS)
Enemy tier and gear level scaling
The bank will have the highest gear level of the biomes it replaces.
Loot and shops
At the start and throughout the Bank are ATMs that can be used to loan gold. Each loan grants 2,000 gold per use to a maximum of 20,000. At the end of the Bank, all the loaned gold must be payed back, and any debt that can't be payed back gives the player 10-kill curse per 2,000 gold.
- 2 weapon or skill shops.
- 1 food shop.
At least one shop in the Bank is always a 'Mimic shop'. These shops look like normal shops but when attempting to buy an item, the shopkeeper is consumed by a Mimic and attacks the player. Killing the mimic drops an item that is two levels higher than the original item, or two pickups instead of one if it was a food shop.
The jumping puzzle will continue to generate after unlocking the blueprint and have a treasure chest containing a huge amount of gold and some cells.
Boss Stem Cells rewards
There are no BSC doors in this biome.
The blueprint for thecan be found at the end of an obstacle course featuring traps and hazards. The player needs to reach the end without taking damage to acquire the blueprint, or they will be sent back to the start of the segment.
- The blueprints for Agitated Pickpockets. and can be dropped by
- The blueprints for Gold Gorgers. and can be dropped by
- The blueprint for Golden Kamikazes. can be dropped by
- The blueprints for Mimics. and can be dropped by
This biome has a unique feature where specific enemies from biomes that the bank replaces spawn inside the biome. Below is a list of what enemies will spawn depending which stage the bank replaces.
The table below lists which enemies are present in the Bank on each difficulty level and which blueprints each may drop. When applicable, the minimum difficulty level for blueprint acquisition is specified.
|Agitated Pickpocket||Dagger of Profit, Robber Outfit|
|Gold Gorger||Gold Digger, Midas' Blood|
|Golden Kamikaze||Money Shooter|
|Mimic||Gold Plating, Get Rich Quick|
At the entrance of the bank is a waiting room filled with dusty and cobweb covered skeletons.
The beheaded remarks:
- "These people died of waiting for too long... It must have been such a drag!"
A room can be found with ripped and cut bags.
- "Pile of ripped bags."
- "Heap of punctured bags."
- "Someone violently tore the merchants' bags open with a large variety of weapons."
- "They must really hate containers."
- "These bags have been pierced in multiple places. They seem to be empty."
In a secret tunnel connected to the previous room a guillain can be found hiding.
- "Ah, you're not one of them! You scared me!"
- "It ate him! Swallowed him whole!"
- "So I killed them all. And not just the large ones, but the medium and small ones."
- "Every bag I could find. But I know some survived. They are still here. They will eat us all..."
A room can be found with multiple levels of book shelves. At the entrance sits a librarian Guillain on a huge pile of books
A few scrolls can be read in the room:
A security notice for the Bank's staff.
- "Don't put food close to the merchants' bags, they seem to have been compromised."
- "What does a bag eat, though?"
The Philosopher's Stone: A history
- "A treatise on the Philosopher's Stone. Only the last page remains."
- ".. That's how you can find the mythical Philosopher's Stone. What a journey!"
The Wealth of Kingdoms
- "An economy textbook. It seems to be the only book in the room to have ever been opened."
- "What's with that invisible hand? What do ghosts have to do with economy?!"
An old book
- "An old, dusty tome. It looks like it hasn't been used since its addition to the archives."
- "Its title is partially unreadable. Only \"The Cap...\" and a photo of one of those small green people with an impressive beard can be identified."
A room can be found festively decorated. A guillain can be found along with a piggy bank the player can interact with to add money. When adding money the guillain becomes happy. It's also possible to destroy the piggy bank and take the gold inside which will make the guillain cry.
- The scroll "The Wealth of Kingdoms" is a reference to "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith.
- The old tome with a bearded guillain is a reference to Karl Marx.
- The elevator has 4 different 'elevator music' style remixes of tracks that loop, interluded with some static noises similar to switching old fashioned radio stations.
- Main theme
- Prisoner's Awakening
- Pan Master Slash