The Boy's Axe is an axe-type ranged weapon which deals damage and roots the victim. it can be called back by pressing the attack key again, which deals additional bonus damage. This item is exclusive to the Rise of the Giant DLC.
- Ammo: 1
- Special Effects:
- Throws axe towards nearest enemy, rooting them.
- Using it again calls the Boy's Axe back to the player, inflicting an additional 80 base damage when recalled.
- Breach Bonus: 0.5
- Base Breach Damage: 105
- Base Breach DPS: 128
- Attack Duration: 0.32 seconds
- Charge: 0.07
- Lock: 0
- Cooldown: 0.25
- Tags: Ranged, HasBullets, LimitedAmmo, NoCritical, VeryFewAmmo, FadeHudIconIfNoAmmo, AmmoComesBackImmediately, DisableVerboseAmmo, UnlockInPublicEvent
- This weapon is affected by the mutation Ammo. Both axes have to be thrown before they can be retrieved.
- Given the name and item description, this is probably a reference to God of War (2018).
- The reference is that the main character Kratos keeps calling his son Atreus “Boy”, which has turned into a meme.
- The axe's design and function is also reminiscent of Kratos’ Leviathan Axe in the God of War game, except it actually freezes enemies instead of simply rooting them in place.