The Toothpick is a heavy melee weapon that delivers stunning hits. The charging attack does critical damage upon hitting an enemy, at the cost of weakening the weapon for several seconds. This item is exclusive to the Rise of the Giant DLC.
- Special Effects:
- Each attack knocks back enemies and stuns them for 4 seconds.
- Holding down the attack button for 1.3 seconds before releasing will cause the Toothpick to inflict a critical hit.
- If it strikes an enemy, the Toothpick will change to its broken form for 6 seconds. While broken, it hits faster, has reduced damage and range, and can only stun enemies for 0.5 seconds each attack.
- Breach Bonus: 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.5
- Base Breach Damage: 150 / 200 / 250 (600 / 800 / 1000)
- Base Breach DPS: 195 (778)
- Combo Duration: 3.08367 seconds
- First Hit: 0.86667 (0.56667 + 0.3)
- Second Hit: 1.067 (0.767 + 0.3)
- Third Hit: 1.15 (0.85 + 0.3)
- Tags: HeavyWeapon
- Breach Bonus: 0.5 / 1 / 1
- Base Breach Damage: 45 / 80 / 100
- Base Breach DPS: 153
- Combo Duration: 1.47 seconds
- First Hit: 0.43 (0.33 + 0.1)
- Second Hit: 0.54 (0.44 + 0.1)
- Third Hit: 0.5 (0.4 + 0.1)
- Tags: AutoTransformInto, NoCritical
- Since the second and third attacks from the Toothpick deal more and more damage, it is generally a good idea to save the charged attack for the later attacks to be able to deal the most critical damage as possible, especially if one's intention is to use it against higher health enemies or even elites.
- Because the blueprint for this item is only dropped by enemies within the Cavern, it is technically an item exclusive to the Rise of the Giant DLC, even though it was added to the game in v2.3, which was eleven updates later.
- 2.3: Introduced.
- 2.4: Broken Toothpick duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6.