|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
The Toothpick is a heavy melee weapon that deals a powerful critical hit if the attack button is held down for long enough. If the charged attack strikes an enemy, the Toothpick breaks and becomes much weaker for several seconds. This item is exclusive to the Rise of the Giant DLC.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Special Effects:
- Each attack knocks back enemies and stuns them for 4 seconds.
- Holding down the attack button for 1.3 seconds before releasing will cause the Toothpick to inflict a critical hit.
- If it strikes an enemy, the Toothpick will change to its broken form for 10 seconds. While broken, it has reduced damage and range, and can only stun enemies for 0.5 seconds each attack.
Normal form[edit | edit source]
- Breach Bonus: 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.5
- Base Breach Damage: 225 / 300 / 375 (900 / 1200 / 1500)
- Base Breach DPS: 293 (1172)
- Combo Duration: 3.0837 seconds
- First Hit: 0.8667 (0.5667 + 0.3 + 0)
- Second Hit: 1.067 (0.767 + 0.3 + 0)
- Third Hit: 1.15 (0.85 + 0.3 + 0)
- Tags: HeavyWeapon
Broken form[edit | edit source]
- Breach Bonus: 0.5 / 1 / 1
- Base Breach Damage: 120 / 200 / 240
- Base Breach DPS: 180
- Combo Duration: 3.12 seconds
- First Hit: 0.8 (0.5 + 0.3 + 0)
- Second Hit: 1.07 (0.67 + 0.4 + 0)
- Third Hit: 1.25 (0.75 + 0.5 + 0)
- Tags: HeavyWeapon
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since the second and third attacks from the Toothpick deal more and more damage, it is generally a good idea to save the charged attack for the later attacks to be able to deal the most critical damage as possible, especially if one's intention is to use it against higher health enemies or even elites.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Because the blueprint for this item is only dropped by enemies within the Cavern, it is technically an item exclusive to the Rise of the Giant DLC, even though it was added to the game in v2.3, which was eleven updates later.
History[edit | edit source]
- 2.3: Introduced.