Version 2.7, officially The Queen and the Sea Update, is a major update to Dead Cells that was released on the 6th of January 2022 to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Nintendo Switch.
This was a compatibility update that allowed The Queen and the Sea DLC to be installed and played.
New DLC : The Queen and the Sea!
Find your way to and explore two new coastal biomes, which are alternatives to the High Peak Castle and the Throne Room :
- Infested Shipwreck, an unlikely amalgation of driftwood, home to unfortunate sailors who couldn't escape the malaise in time, as well as... shrimps?
- The Lighthouse, which seems to be your last hope of finally leaving this cursed island. Climbing to the top and lighting up that beacon can't be a bad idea, right?
Two new bosses!
- Fight against the alternative to Hand of the King, guarding the Lighthouse and trying to prevent you from reaching the top of it, where someone seems to be watching your every move.
This DLC also brings you 10 new items to unlock and add to your arsenal!
6 Melee Weapons :
- , which lets you charge towards your enemies and impale them, to inflict critical damage.
- . Grab your foes and throw them behind you, for easy kills off the side of platforms, as well as that little bit of crowd control.
- . A literal shark. And you can throw it. Yep. No, for real, where did the Beheaded find this.
- , whose damage scales upon your running capacity, with a big critical jump when at max speed.
- , the heaviest weapon of them all. Quite hard to throw, but it will tear through crowds of unsuspecting mobs with ease.
- . Tear through reality (and your enemies) with the favorite weapon of the so-called Queen of the island!
2 Ranged Weapons :
- . Shoot cards in various patterns and stick them in your enemies, before recalling them all to deal major damage!
- , the heaviest bow of them all, with the heaviest arrows, and the heaviest hits. So heavy, in fact, that those arrows might just pick mobs up off the ground, and bring them along to their inevitable death.
2 Skills :
- . A new pet, a baby evil shrimp, although this one seems to be quite more friendly. Let it free and it'll quickly bite the life out of your opponents.
- . The Beheaded took inspiration from those pesky pirates and made his own automatic turret-cannon. The reloading is quite slow, but the damage it deals makes up for it.
As well as 15 new Outfits!
- Nerfed the attack power of Legendary Pets.
- Pets now ignore lava and cannot die to it.
- Increased 's attack speed
- 's mark damage is now weaker at low marks and stronger at high marks.
- doesn’t grant recovery anymore. Note that the in-game description has only been updated for a few languages for now, with all other coming in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Some weapons now destroy breakable grounds if the Ram rune has been obtained.
- Fixed a softlock when interacting with an object while in the Pollo Power transformation.
- Fixed Armadillopack not parrying some of Spoiler Boss' attacks.
- Fixed Lightning Bolt / Flamethrower not stopping when triggered from the backpack. For real this time.
- Fixed the Blowgun's animation not stopping when shot from the backpack.
- Fixed the Beheaded's head disappearing during some cinematics.
- Fixed the transition to Morass of the Banished not showing on the World Map.
- Fixed a softlock when quitting the game while in the Binoculars' view.
- Fixed the parallax elements showing incorrectly behind Undying Shores' ZDoors.
- Fixed The Giant's hands not doing anything after getting interrupted by the Giant Whistle.
- Removed an unused pathfinding system, that was causing unnecessary long loading times.
- Various visual and collision optimizations.
- The Queen and the Sea Official patch notes, 2022-01-06
- Dead Cells: The Queen & the Sea DLC is coming early 2022! Steam blog post, 2021-11-30
- Dead Cells: The Queen and the Sea DLC arrives 6th January! Steam blog post, 2021-12-16
- The Queen and the Sea DLC is out now! Steam blog post, 2022-01-06